Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Obstacles

During my transition from public school back in Connecticut to Ridley here in St. Catharines I found myself coming upon many new challenges far different from what I had previously seen. At public school I was free to make my own choices, was given limited homework, and I even had the ability to do what I wanted on  the weekends as I was home. At Ridley all of this quickly changed for me as I now couldn't make my own choices, I had tons of work to do, and I was restricted on the weekends with a curfew and strict rules. All of this made me uneasy and I was hesitant to give in for a while. It took tons of self restraint to follow the rules and a lot of determination to keep up with the busy schedule and work load. After awhile I found myself slowly adapting to life at this school and eventually I actually began to enjoy it. This is one of the biggest obstacles i've had in my recent years and one that I had to use a lot of new skills to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment